There’s nothing more exciting than talking about your business or services and getting it all set up online. It creates such a euphoric feeling of confidence and completion.
One way to achieve that feeling is setting up your Google My Business page. This helps you ready to introduce your business to the digital world! Here’s how you can do it:
1. Login to your Google account
Log in as you normally would to Google Drive or Gmail. This gains you access to all Google-owned features and services, including the My Business feature.
2. Go to the Google search homepage
In the bottom right-hand corner of the search homepage, you’ll see “Business” click on that, and click “Get Started”. This will land you right on the setup page for Google My Business, which you can verify by the logo in the upper-left hand corner of the page.
3. Input your business information in the series of prompts
You’ll be walked through the setup of your business page in a series of prompts asking for your information, starting with your business name, then address, and a few more questions until it asks you your preferred method of verification.
4. Get verified
You’ll then be prompted to verify your business. There are three ways in which you can be verified:
- Google will send you a postcard in the mail to your business address. You can then input the code on that postcard in this verification section.
- Google will text you a verification phone. Be aware that this is only an available verification method for certain businesses.
- Google will email you a verification code. This is also available only for select businesses.
Mostly like you’ll need to have a postcard mailed to the location in which you do business. For additional information on verifying your business, check out this page that outlines that process.
5. Personalize your settings and explore your dashboard
Once you’ve gotten yourself set to verified, you can personalize your Google settings on the left-hand menu of your dashboard where it shows the little settings gear toward the bottom. Explore these options and assess which ones match your needs.
You can edit your information at any time simply by clicking on the menu item of the left-hand menu of your dashboard and clicking the small pencil in the upper right-hand corner of any area you’d like to edit.
Great job, your business can now be found in a Google search listing! Did you get that euphoric feeling of confidence and completion? You should’ve, you’re going to do great things.